I’ve been brainstorming some fun team-building activities for our summer camp group, and I really want to create experiences that kids remember long after they leave. Last year, we put together a scavenger hunt that spanned the entire camp and included challenges that encouraged teamwork and creativity. I’d love to hear your go-to activities that have worked wonders in bringing kids together and fostering friendships.
But one of my favorite activities is a ‘Camp Olympics’ where kids can team up for fun challenges like sack races and tug-of-war. It’s competitive but in the best way — everyone goes home with stories, even if some might need a little help walking after the races! Maybe spice it up by letting them create their own team flags. @CreativeCampIdeas has a great post on crafting challenges that can be fun too.
Creating memorable experiences is key, right? Last summer, we did a ‘Mystery Campfire’ where kids had to solve clues to find ingredients for s’mores. It was a hit, and they loved the mix of teamwork and fun — plus, who doesn’t enjoy roasting marshmallows? @maximus_r89, have you ever tried this or something similar?